d-link router slow

delantero 17:10 13 Aug 06

I have a 1 mb connection with newnet using D-Link G604T wireless router. Last 2 days the connection speed has dropped dramatically both wireless and even when connected using ethernet. Doing various speed tests the results range from 25-200 simple internet surfing is sometimes painfully slow. however, just connected via usb modem and speed is what I would expect, around 920-950 and internet works fine. Have tried switching off router for 30 mins and at first connection was faster (550) but tried the test 5 minutes later and it was down to 74. I don't think I have changed anything to provoke this drop in speed, any ideas?

delantero 18:34 15 Aug 06

ok no replies but thought I would update just in case anyone is interested or has the same problem. Router went from bad to worse, losing connection completely, adsl light flashing etc. Forgot to mention that when I first set it up there was a high pitched noise coming from it, barely audible normally but noticeable when the room is silent. Phoned D-Link and technician confirmed that the router is faulty. Took it back to Currys and they replaced it with a Belkin model of same price. Set up so much easier on the Belkin and now speeds are back to normal.

dms05 11:46 16 Aug 06

Pleased you sorted out your problem. I had a similar problem with a Dynamode WiFi Router and Dynamode decided it was an hardware fault and asked me to return it to the retailer. I then set up a DLink system which works perfectly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009