D-Link problem

Hetti 20:18 PM 02 Feb 11

Hi all

After a system repair had problem with D-Link wireless adapter model DWL-G122, the messages says I need driver for Wlan card, phoned D-Link and they said to uninstall the software then go to website to reinstall lastest driver. My question is how do I uninstall the software, and where will I find the new software as I looked on D-Link website but I could not find it.
Is there any website that will give me step by step instructions?
Im not very techi but I can follow instructions, so will this be a job I can tackle?

Id be so grateful for some help here

mgmcc 08:02 AM 03 Feb 11

If it is the "DWL-G122 C1", the driver can be downloaded from click here but there isn't yet a driver on D-Link's site for the "DWL-G122 E1".

You would only uninstall the software if you were using their Wireless Networking software to connect, instead of Windows own software. The D-Link software would be uninstalled in the usual way from "Control Panel > Programs and Features".

After downloading updated drivers, you would go into Device Manager, expand the Network Adapters section and double click the D-Link adapter to open its Properties sheet. Select the Driver tab, click the "Update Driver" button and then 'browse' to the location of the new drivers you downloaded.

Hetti 08:19 AM 03 Feb 11

I did not install the software is there a way of telling if it is installed with D-LINK wireless networking software.
Just to say there are two disks that came with the d-link adaptor and the d-link router

mgmcc 12:36 PM 03 Feb 11

The CD that came with the router probably just includes a PDF copy of the manual and a "wizard" to configure the router, because a router isn't installed either as software or as hardware in a computer. You just connect to it with TCP/IP protocol.

If the CD for the network adapter was used, there will be an entry for it in Control Panel's "Add/Remove Programs" or "Programs and Features", depending on the version of Windows.

Hetti 12:52 PM 03 Feb 11

Thanks so much I got it done with first post info you sent.

Once again thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know