D link DWL G650 wireless network card problem

simon s 16:14 20 Oct 06

Hi, after 3 years faultless service, my network card has developed an erratic fault. Sometimes it will work for a while before my laptop locks up, often resulting in the blue system error screen. At other times the card will not work at all from boot up - device manager finds the card but says it isn't working properly. I have tried updating the driver, removing the device & re-installing it but to no avail. I haven't installed any new software recently, and virus / malware scans are clean. The network troubleshooting wizard in XP doesn't resolve the problem either.
Thanks for any suggestions

STREETWORK 19:59 20 Oct 06

Plugging in and unplugging the card can wear ou the connectors over time. Examine them closly for any wear...

simon s 09:49 21 Oct 06

Thanks for the suggestion. The connectors look ok but I am sure you are right that this is some form of hardware fault. A loose connection would explain everything.
Anyway network cards are so cheap now that I have cut my losses and got a USB card. I don't know if that counts as resolving the problem but I'm happy!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…