D-Link DSL2640RKeeps losing internet connection

Greengo 09:35 23 Nov 10

I have a D-Link DSL2640R wireless router. Up until recently all was well. Over the past week the DSL light on the router goes out, It comes back for a short while then goes off again. This is happening now all the time. I now longer get what I would call a stable internet. I have reset the router, replaced the DSL filters, still the DSL light does not stay on permanently like it use too. Can anyone offer any advise on what I can do to resolve the problem I am having.

rdave13 09:40 23 Nov 10

I would contact your ISP about the connection. Might be a fault at their end or the line.

961 14:33 23 Nov 10

You might check that there is not a problem with your phone line

click here

Pay particular attention to the SNR margin which will cause you to lose connection if it drops off. Some routers will lose connection around 4 or less

Greengo 09:21 26 Nov 10

I contacted my ISP only to be told there is no fault on my line. This surprises me because since I started getting a drop out on my internet connection, there is a alot static on my phone line when I recieve and make calls. I am going to ask them to verify the line test again.(I changed all the dsl filters)

961- I checked the SNR margin on my router it constantly flutuation. It is currenly reading downstream 3.5 and upstream 6.2.

I have noticed that every time I take a call on my phone line the DSL line goes out and internet drop off. Its only when the call end that it comes back.

I getting increasing frustrated with support my ISP is giving me, can you guys help me find out what is going on and how I can resolve it.

rdave13 09:43 26 Nov 10

Make sure you have filters on all sockets including Sky or any alarm system on the telephone line. Check the filters again.
Have a read of the two first posts in this thread reguarding quiet line test;
click here

Greengo 16:29 14 Dec 10

Thank you for all your help. It turned out that my line was fault. A BT engineer came out to install a new phone line.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…