D Link DSL-G604T Wireless ASDL Router

chrischambers 13:08 04 Jul 04

Hi, does anyone know/ the setting I need to enter to enable my router to replace my BT Broadband modem?? Thanks

Diodorus Siculus 10:57 04 Aug 05

Did you get this sorted?

chrischambers 11:30 04 Aug 05

Yes thanks. I got a Netgear Router. The D Link was rubbish for the Playstation 2.

Taff36 18:08 04 Aug 05

Interesting! In what respect was it rubbish? I have recommended and set up this router many times but never with someone who has a Playstation. I would like to know why it should be avoided in this situation. (Apart from the diabolical instructions!)

chrischambers 18:40 04 Aug 05

It is public knowledge in the play station world, apparently, that this router is not compatible with on line gaming. I did find various forums that back this up.

We run 3 lap tops and a PS2 without many problems on the netgear. However, I guess others probably do not like this Router.

I still have the d link as a back up just in case..

penzance 22:42 07 Oct 05

Taff36, I have just bought one of these and it drops the connection after exactly an hour every time. Then I have to reboot my PC to get it reconnected. Which is a pain when I am in the middle of something. ANY advice will be welcome.

hzhzhz 22:58 07 Oct 05

Have you tried just switching the router off at the mains, then switch back on again. This works for me.I certainly dont know why it loses connection. Our dect phone perhaps.

Taff36 10:46 08 Oct 05

Should be in a new thread really - Post one with the title - G604T Modem drops connection after one hour - and I`ll throw some suggestions. The clue is "exactly an hour" - It`s got to be a setting somewhere. In your post tell us which browser you use (IE) and e-mail client. Who your ISP is and which package you are on. Catch you later.

Taff36 10:48 08 Oct 05

Thanks for that info can you give me a link or two to these forums. I don`t want to be recommending this router to someone who uses the Playstation as well so I need to check it out.

Taff36 08:14 18 Oct 05

Resolved tick?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…