D-Link DSL-G604T Firmware

homer4god 08:17 29 May 05

I have a the above wireless router, the firmware version is V1.00B02T02.UK.20041126.
The interface is pretty crappy. On the D-Link site it says the latest version is V1.00B02T02.UK.20040618.

when I download the actual firmware though it is the ...1126 version.

If there is anyone out there with the DSL-G604T could you have a look at the firmware version you are running and let me know.

Your help is greatly appreciated

Gaz 25 08:25 29 May 05

looks like they forgot to update the site then. I don't have a Dlink router, but checked it for you on the site.

Most router interfaces are 'crappy' - infact your lucky to get one. Cisco have ommited webadmin features for years. There is now an addon pack for the webconfig. The best I've seen was on a cisco switch with webadmin installed, it looked really good. But, most home routers just have a standard interface - and one I had knocking about a few weeks back had a bright blue,green and yellow interface - was that awful or was that awful. :-o

Taff36 08:40 29 May 05

I have the same firmware version as you. What are you trying to do? I know my way round this "crappy" interface and I`ve kind of got used to it. Post back and I`ll talk you through it.

homer4god 09:38 29 May 05

Cheers guys. I found out it is the latest firmware they just managed to make the interface look terrible.

I have 1 desktop connected to the router through an ethernet cable and a laptop connected through a wireless card.

Both machines can access my broadband connection.

The problem I have is that they can't see each other, they both have the same workgroup name but I haven't got a clue about the IP addressing for either of the machines.

I just can't get my head around the interface.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated

Taff36 09:52 29 May 05

Which Operating Systems are they using?

Assuming XP on the desktop go to Start>Connect to>Show all connections. Right click on your Ethernet connection and select properties. Highlight the Internet protocol TCP/IP and select properties again. On the general tab make sure that both the "Obtain automatically" radio buttons are selected. I`m guessing that the laptop is already set up this way.

Taff36 09:54 29 May 05

Also on the first properties box check the two show notification icon tick boxes. Then post back.

homer4god 10:26 29 May 05

my desktop is win 2000 pro and the laptop is XP home.

I have checked the connections boxes on both machines and they are both set to obtain automatically and notification icon is on.

JohnC123 10:41 29 May 05

Taff36 I have the same system and also can't get the main pc and the laptop to see each other. The other problem is Outlook Express - neither of them will connect to it - I'm sure this must be a problem with the settings but don't know what !
any help with either will be appreciated.

Taff36 10:43 29 May 05

Start>Control Panel>Network Connection Wizard. Click next. Use the checklist and then press next. If the wizard says it found disconnected network hardware tick the box to ignore disconnected hardware and click next. Select the radio button that says “this computer connects through a residential gateway. Click next and fill in the computer description (e,g, Desktop) Leave the Computer Name as it is currently. Click next and type the name of your network exactly as you`ve set up previously. Turn on File and print sharing. Next and check the settings then next again. Wait while the wizard configures settings. Select the create a disk option and put a floppy in the drive.

Follow the instructions and put the disk in the desktop. Run the file and complete the wizard in the same manner but filling in the correct info for the desktop.

To see other computers on the network go to network neighbourhood on each machine.

We`ll go for the router setup next if it can`t see the others now and vice-versa. (Just got to paint a pergola. Back in half an hour!

Taff36 11:50 29 May 05

Suggest you start another thread and I`ll work you through it. Give me the same information that I have on this thread for your set up and I`ll get back to you. (Got to go out for a pint with the in-laws - back just after 2)

Explain the problem with Outlook Express a bit more. Don`t understand this one yet. Have you got a Broadband connection with the router at all. Also who is your ISP. Catch you later

homer4god 12:08 29 May 05

all was well taff36 until I get to the 'create a network setup disk' my laptop only has a DVD drive (no Floppy).
So I can't do that. The XP setup disk doesn't work for the win 2000 OS.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced