d-link dsl g604t droping internet connection

whitecroft 16:28 09 Apr 06

Hi
bought a d link dslg604t router about a month ago and every few days it seems to drop it's internet connection my desktop tells me it is connected but when i try to connect to the internet i appear offline. I have to reinstall my settings from the dlink set up disc. can Anybody solve this problem???Please!!

dms05 13:09 10 Apr 06

Have you tried rebooting the D-Link by turning off for a couple of minutes then turning back on.

Does your ISP require a password to reconnect if the line drops out?

whitecroft 14:21 10 Apr 06

I will try rebooting the router
My isp does require a password & my email address but they are ready set when i reinstall

nanouk 15:16 10 Apr 06

try setting your email to check for new messages every three minutes and see if that keeps the link active... nanouk

Taff™ 00:37 15 Apr 06

I have several of these routes at various locations and over the last few months the signal will cut out overnight. BT inform me that because of the number of exchanges that are being upgraded that lines are frequently dropped to facilitate the improvements at an exchange. It`s not just the local exchange either.

Several ISP`s are also installing their own equipment in BT`s exchanges too - again causing drop outs. Simply unplugging the router for 5 minutes usually cures it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009