D-link dsl-g604t

iashem 17:11 14 Dec 05

My router has the original firmware V1.00B02T02.UK.20040618 i noticed the other day there is a newer version V1.00B02T02.UK.20050815 will it make any difference updating the firmware?
I have had the occasional freezing of the router but apart from that it works fine so would i be better to leave as it is

Taff™ 08:58 15 Dec 05

Definately leave it as is. I tried this firmware update once and it didn`t work. I telephoned D-Link - very helpful bunch - who said it wouldn`t improve coverage issues anyway.

When you say the Router occasionally freezes what do you mean? Does simply disconnecting the power for a few minutes sort it?

iashem 13:08 15 Dec 05

yes thats exactly what happens a simple reboot sorts out the router thanks nfor your advice about firmware upgrade

iashem 13:08 15 Dec 05

yes thats exactly what happens a simple reboot sorts out the router thanks nfor your advice about firmware upgrade

Taff™ 10:02 16 Dec 05

The freezing is probably due to your ISP dropping the connection due to inactivity or sometimes overnight they "reset" at their end. PlusNet for example now disconnect you after 30 minutes of inactivity which is fair enough. Pipex often suffer from the latter but resetting the router reconnects anyway. This doesn`t sound like a problem with the router unless it happens whilst you`re actually using the connection.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…