D-Link DIR-301 No internet access.

TheOne181 30 Mar 12

Hi, I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I had this router working on a Virgin modem just fine. But now is not needed, so I thought I would use it for myself as a signal booster for my house, the internet coming from my Sky router. Any help on what settings on the d-link or sky could be wrong would be a great help.

Cheers.

buteman 30 Mar 12

Don't know a lot about routers but maybe you hae to set it back to factory settings to get it to work on sky.I know some routers will only work on Virginmedia and will not work elsewhere but not sure if yours is one of those or not.

buteman 30 Mar 12

maybe get some tips from the manual.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:FT1VlyIdfuUJ:ftp://ftp.dlink.co.uk/dirproducts/dir-301/DIR-301ManualEnglish.pdf+d-link+dir-301+manual&hl=en&gl=uk&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESjc1u3j1kvfGtqFTHun4ardxUlGtApywAvUjnYecarkPinAwnw1fkFNjeCJAaDuiUKpXzVsM2m76RNKQIkG6LfYzBeQMzvZSjyqyzFFY9DQqIEiIKHoacgpROOQgi5xsq-ePMq&sig=AHIEtbTGqC1rT1JErzwhJis8pZj8fFH8Og

buteman 30 Mar 12

Sorry did not work must have been to long.

It was the top one on this google page if you don't have the manual at home.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=d-link+dir-301+manual&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-gb:IE-SearchBox&ie=&oe=&rlz=&redir_esc=&ei=yL51T43NCunK0QXAurikDQ

TheOne181 30 Mar 12

Thank you very much good man, I didn't have the manual so that was a great help. I followed the manuals instructions and bam, it's working a treat. Thanks again bud.

buteman 30 Mar 12

TheOne181

Glad that you managed to sort it out, and for letting us know the outcome.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Why Formula-e needs to go faster

How Instagram spots trends

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message