D-Link Broadband Router

Revi 21:38 12 Dec 04

I have connected a broadband router model DI-604 to a broadband modem exactly as per instructions and yet when I type "click here" into the URL address box and press enter the logon pop-up screen does not appear. Could it be that the router or its adaptor has failed?

Revi 22:08 12 Dec 04

^^ ^^

Revi 22:24 12 Dec 04

^^ ^^

Revi 22:34 12 Dec 04

^^ ^^

billyliv 00:21 13 Dec 04

Hi, I have the same router connected to a cable modem using the ethernet connections and didn't have any problem with the set up. How is yours connected?
Cheers, Bill

Revi 04:33 13 Dec 04

In exactly the same way.

billyliv 11:09 13 Dec 04

Hi Revi, Uncouple your cables and power down your cable modem ( Remove your power source ) for at least 30 seconds. (This will reset your IP address) Re-couple your ethernet cables and insert your D-link CD. If the instructions require you to couple up the ethernet cables during installation repeat the above but leave your ethernet cables to the router unplugged. You dont say what cable modem you have but your 'Data light' should be flashing. My modem is the TERAYON 210. Cheers, Bill

Revi 12:12 13 Dec 04

Hi Bill,

Thanks a lot, I'll try what you say but cannot get a hand to it before tomorrow. Would request you to please follow this thread because I am going to revert on this forum after hobnobbing with the router. Regret I can't give you the name of the router because I can't find it written anywhere!

Revi 12:30 13 Dec 04

Hi Bill!
Sorry for the mistake in mixing up router & modem. The cable modem's name is Speedtouch. One thing is not clear though. While inserting the D-Link CD should my PC be connected only to the Router and the Router in its turn should remain disconnected from the Modem? Will appreciate if you clarify!
Cheers!

Brian-336451 12:47 13 Dec 04

Just a thought, are you being affected by the SP2 invocation of Firewall.

When I look at my 'exceptions' I find all sorts there including ports etc.

Try turning the firewall off and having another go.

If it IS the firewall you can make that an exception.

billyliv 12:58 13 Dec 04

Hi Revi, It's a long time since I set mine up but, trial and error should sort it out. For the first attempt just have your modem connected to your PC, insert the D-Link CD and follow instuctions, these may include when to couple up the ethernet cables from your modem to the router and from the router to the PC. If that doesn't get you up and running, Power down your cable modem again to reset you IP address and couple up all your ethernet cables, insert your D-Link CD and again follow instructions. I dont know the speedtouch modem but I would imagine that it has a WAN light that flashes to show that you have a connection to your broadband supplier. In my case it is NTL. Cheers, Bill

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…