D-link adapter drops connections

kassaq 17:58 16 Dec 06

My D-link DWL-D120 wireless adapter keeps dropping connections. Can anyone help with this problem??

When I first installed the adapter it worked fine. Now, it drops the connection every 5-10 minutes. I have to unplug it from the USB and replug it to connect again. This happens whether or not the connectiopn is idling. This is very frustrating!! Aas expected, D-link tech support was useless.

I'm running windows XP media center. I usually connect to a free wireless in my appartment complex. I don't think it's a problem with the router because my laptop doesn't have the same problem. I tried to get a recent driver from the D-link web site but the most recent version they have dates back to 2003.

daba 12:17 22 Dec 06

When you say "I usually connect to a free wireless in my appartment complex", I assume this is provided for your use ?

Try your USB wireless adaptor in another USB port, on the PC itself, not on a USB hub. If you have no free USB ports and you have to use a USB hub, then make sure it is a powered hub, i.e. it needs a mains adaptor, and doesn't draw power from the PC port.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…