D-Ling DI524 Router connection problem

I have a PC running XP and a wireless laptop running XP. I have purchased a D-Link DI524 router and connected it to the PC via ethernet cable and to my NTL with ethernet. I have completed the set-up and the internet works on the PC and laptop. My problem is that the PC doesn't seem to see the router to create a wireless network. I have been into network adaptors and it is not there (even in hidden files). Any help will be appreciated.

Regards, Mal

mgmcc 13:56 18 Jan 06

PCs don't *SEE* a router as part of its hardware. It is a network device that the PC connects to in exactly the same way as connecting to a network switch - there is no Router hardware installed in the PC to be shown in either Device Manager or the Network Connections folder. It is the "Local Area Connection" which is your connection to the router, other computers in your LAN and the internet.

What you do need to have installed in your PC(s) is the software for the Wireless Network Adapter(s). The software scans for "Available Wireless Networks" and should find the one with the SSID that matches your router's. You then select the option to "Connect" to that network and, once connected, your WiFi adapter should get its IP address from the router and have internet access.

woodchip 14:01 18 Jan 06

If the router works OK for Internet Wireless and Wired, Then the router is working OK. To setup for Networking Run the Network Setup Wizard create a Floppy disc when it prompts you

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac