D and e drive used to play dvds now only e does

skaria 19:17 13 May 04

The d drive used to play dvds as well as the e drive. After reinstalling xp, only the e drive does whih is annoying fdor direct copying
any help???

Fruit Bat 21:00 13 May 04

Does the d drive play read any sort of disk cd cdr cdrw?

If not try looking in 'device manager' for a yellow exclamation mark on your player.

Fruit Bat 21:02 13 May 04

delete player from system

then scan for mew hardware and let xp reinstall

may solve youy problem

skaria 18:48 14 May 04

d drive does play all discs and used to play dvds, but after reinstalling xp, i lost my dvd decoder whih i reinstalled
now i can only play cds, not dvds

skaria 18:50 14 May 04

how do you scan for new hardware

ivesy 19:16 14 May 04

I recently reinstalled windows to find my usual D drive for the DVD and the E drive for the RW DVD had became H and I drives! In windows you can assign a letter to the drive but when I've tried it the letters start at H and end at Z for some reason A to G don't exist! The drives still work fine but I can't understand what has happened. Sorry for being not much help but I do symperthise!

grey george 20:10 14 May 04

skaria once you have removed the drive the system will detect it automatically and go looking for drivers for it(if it doesn't try a restart). If you don't have the DVD driver try a google search for a free DVD decoder.

skaria 21:40 14 May 04

thanks for the great response
i was just wondering to delete the drive to i just click the dlete button when it is highlighted on my computer

VoG II 21:46 14 May 04

Start, Com ntrol Panel, System.

On the Hardware tab click the Device manager button.

Locate the drive, right click and select Uninstall.

OK your way out of Device Manager and restart your computer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…