Cyrsis and my 8800gt

kiddgame2000 13:27 08 Feb 08

I recently bought a Asus EN8800GT 512mb and installed it problem free in my computer. I have played call of duty 4 on very high settings and it ran it very very well.
So i thought i would give it a challange and downloaded the Crysis demo. It installed no problem at all but as soon as i ran crysis it was very jumpy even in the start up sequence and title screens.

I have tried it with all the settings on low and it is still very stuttery and jumpy. I have the latest drivers installed and am running on vista.

My processor is a AMD64 4000
Motherboard is a Asus AN8 Sli
2GB of RAM

Has anyone any ideas what the problem would be as i would like to buy the full game but not if i cant play it without severe lag even on low settings.

Thanks

Totally-braindead 14:48 08 Feb 08

I have a AMD 3500 with 1 gig of RAM and a lowely 7600GS 256mb and it ran the demo perfectly albeit on fairly low settings and either 1024 x 768 or 800 x 600 resolution. But I'm on XP.

Now I know you can take a big hit on Vista with gaming but don't see how it can be this bad.

No advice I'm afraid other than to try juggling the settings some more, especially the resolution.

Marko797 14:52 08 Feb 08

the demo kiddgame2000.

I don't have the high spec which you have, but the demo 'grumbled' along and locked up 4 me in various places. I put it down to inadequate grafs on my machine.

Maybe try dldg from another source and see how/if it differs from the problems ur experiencing?

lisa02 15:12 08 Feb 08

Try ea's own site click here if that's not where you got it.

Totally-braindead 15:12 08 Feb 08

Have a read of this thread click here

Marko797 08:04 09 Feb 08

after reading ur post, & was shocked that it ran absolutely fine.

I'm on XP, AMD 3400, 2gb RAM, X800XT Platinum Edition (ageing) AGP grafs. I think I was on 800x600 res and anti-aliasing disabled.

It looked very good too (although I still think I prefer the lushness of Far Cry to be honest)

On this basis I might even try the full game.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…