cypress at2lp rc42 driver

Newuser1121 11:50 13 Nov 07

For almost eighteen months I have had an external Toshiba 250gb hard drive which I have primarily used with a Fujitsu Amilo lap-top and occasionally with an Advent T9100.

I have never had the slightest problem until Saturday evening when I got the message that I required a cypress at2lp rc42 driver on my lap-top. The same thing happened on my Advent.

When I looked on the web I found that I was not alone although many of the messages were from almost two years ago and seemed not to be confined to Toshiba drives. The proposed solutions seemed to range from discard the drive, get a replacement under warranty or mount the physical drive in a new case. None of these seemed to make much sense as, first, if a Microsoft update was responsible I would have had this problem ages ago and, second, the problem is the same on two separate machines. Reading the blogs it does seem as if the problem is the USB plug – however, nothing else has gone wrong on either machine thus far and the drive actually has a fire-wire connection to a USB plug.

Does anyone have a recommended solution in the form of a software patch or a part for the drive (that a local shop could fit)?

Although I back-up regularly I find that many DVDs and CDs are unreadable so some date is unrecoverable unless I have the drive installed into another case.

Help!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5