Cyclic Redundancy Check.

B33J 22:45 06 Aug 06

I have been having trouble for the last few months with an error that keeps coming up either from files I have transferred from my camera to my PC or from my PC to my mobile. Basically the error reads "Cyclic Redundancy Check" and I can't see pictures I have taken on my camera, or can't transfer a video to my phone. Does anyone know what this means and is there any way around it so that I can transfer the video to my phone, or see the pictures that I have taken?

LastChip 22:57 06 Aug 06

It often is a result of bad media.

It's commonally found on bad CD's or DVD's, but it's worth running a check on your computer hard drive to see if it's on it's way out.

The best way to do that, is to find out the manuafacturer of your hard drive and download the manufacturers utility to check it out.

phono 23:02 06 Aug 06

If you have been having other errors it may also be an idea to check your system memory, try click here for a download for a bootable floppy or CD ISO image.

mole44 08:03 07 Aug 06

i had this error when i did a ghost from my c drive to a slave,turned out to be a faulty hard drive.the machine was under warranty and got replaced free of charge.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017