cyberlink dvd playback problems

dieselnc 19:18 30 Aug 04

Your motherboard is not using a Intel 82371xB series of chipset. We strongly recommend you to install the IDE or bus master driver that comes with your motherboard and enable the DMA mode for accessing your DVD-ROM. Not enabling DMA mode or using an improper IDE driver might either degrade the performance of PowerDVD or even prevent PowerDVD from properly executing. For more information about the IDE driver, please visit the web site of your motherboard vendor.
any ideas guys?

hugh-265156 20:11 30 Aug 04

im guessing that you need to install your motherboard chipset drivers maybe. do you know your motherboard model no.? and do you have a motherboard driver cdrom for it?

what version of windows do you have? if its xp then try this maybe:

click 'start/control panel/system/hardware/device manager' have a look at the list of hardware devices listed here,are there any yellow question marks or exclamation marks beside any of the devices listed? if so they either have a problem or the motherboard drivers need installing maybe. right click them and choose properties/driver for more info.

if everything is ok here then try exapnding 'IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers' listed here then right click on the primary and secondary ide channels in turn and select 'properties/advanced settings' and from the drop down box choose 'dma if available' for both.

dieselnc 19:06 31 Aug 04

i am running win98se & ithink my motherboard is a gigabyte 7Zmmp but do not know where to get drivers?

dieselnc 19:08 31 Aug 04

i am running win98se & ithink my motherboard is a gigabyte 7Zmmp but do not know where to get drivers? as do not have a cdrom with them on!

dieselnc 19:08 31 Aug 04

i am running win98se & ithink my motherboard is a gigabyte 7Zmmp but do not know where to get drivers? as do not have a cdrom with them on!

hugh-265156 19:32 31 Aug 04

device manager in win98 is: 'start/settings/control panel/system/device manager' as above have a check here and see if there are any question or exclamation marks beside any devices listed.

to get motherboard drivers for your gigabyte board click here and choose from the list.

ps. i had a quick check myself and i cant find any listing for '7Zmmp' the closest match i found was 'GA-7ZMMC' so what i would do is download everest click here install this and click 'computer/summary' and it will tell you what mainboard you have, it should also have links for driver downloads.

dieselnc 14:41 11 Sep 04

i have installed everest & ran a system scan it says motherboard is as follows
Motherboard Name Gigabyte GA-7ZM(P
Motherboard Chipset KT133
how do you install the required drivers and how do you know exactly which ones you need ? thanks in anticipation

hugh-265156 16:08 11 Sep 04

click here for info and click here for chipset drivers.

dieselnc 19:14 15 Sep 04

have reinstalled drivers but still getting original problem "Your motherboard is not using a Intel 82371xB series of chipset. We strongly recommend you to install the IDE or bus master driver that comes with your motherboard and enable the DMA mode for accessing your DVD-ROM. Not enabling DMA mode or using an improper IDE driver might either degrade the performance of PowerDVD or even prevent PowerDVD from properly executing. For more information about the IDE driver, please visit the web site of your motherboard vendor. any ideas guys?

dieselnc 21:13 21 Dec 04

any help please?

hugh-265156 00:01 22 Dec 04

bump

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac