cyberdrive CD-RW problem

maccrate 10:40 04 Apr 04

can anyone help?
I have a Cyberdirve CD-RW drive model CW038D, this works perfectly under windows 98SE, but when I install Win XP pro, i can't read the contents of any inserted CD, it tells me there is no free space which is right but also says the data is taking no space. I am able to burn CDs in Nero, but have to read them in my DVD drive. I have installed new firmware from the manf website.

Gigabyte GA5AA rev 3.2 motherboard
AMD K6/2 450Mhz CPU
192Mb Ram
MS Win XP Pro rev 2002 SP1

Thanks in advance!

maccrate 19:32 05 Apr 04

can someone please help me with the above problem.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 20:02 05 Apr 04

You could try click here for a driver under xp if you dont have 1.

BeForU 20:04 05 Apr 04

Hi I have the exact same CDRW drive as you and I have never had any problems whilst using it in Windows XP. Have you tried uninstalling the drive i.e. deleteing it off device manager and restarting the computer to see if that does anything. Also is it set as MASTER or SLAVE?

Quiller. 20:27 05 Apr 04

Bit of a long shot.

Go to device manager and pick the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers. Pick which channel the cdrw is on and then either master or slave. At the bottom is use this device enable showing, If not scroll down to it.

Also there look under the advance setting, is it set for DMA if possible?

One thing I did notice is that you are using a super socket 7 450Mhz cpu with X\P. Does this make the system very slow?

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 20:30 05 Apr 04

I was going to suggest a firmware update as a last resort but you have already done this,i had a cyberdrive sometime ago and they good drives i swapped mine because i caught the tray with my knee and broke it but the drive itself still going strong.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…