C:\WINNT\Driver Cache\i386 & missing files

Bargee 20:17 05 Dec 03

Hi All,
An aquaintance has been experiencing intermittent driver problems on her machine which has Win2k, Norton Internet Security & AV installed all of which are bang up to date with all service packs etc. These problems escalated after downloading a Windows Driver Update service pack with games & other apps being affected with the addition of system crashes. The problem notably arises when running an AV system scan which invariable results in a crash. She has done some detective work & come up with a problem relating to the above file. She is now experiencing files disappearing.
Can anyone shed any light onto what might be going on?
Cheers.

Bargee 13:30 06 Dec 03

No one know anything that might help?
I'll be surprised if there isn't!

powerless 13:33 06 Dec 03

We'd thought we keep you waiting, see lads we got him, he fell for it.

hmmm anyway...

I'm not a W2K user but were here for you and someone will now how to help more than i can.

But how about removing the driver?

Bargee 20:06 08 Dec 03

Still nothing, looks like I've dipped out this time. Ah well, she'll just have to consider a complete re-install I suppose.
Thanks anyway.

Trilby2 20:20 08 Dec 03

After defraging my hard disc I get a message stating that the computer cannot find "Libman.exe
Can any one advise on recoverery etc.

bamfiesler 20:29 08 Dec 03

I remember getting something like that (i386) when installing a sound card; was running win98se on an old celeron 233, and on the install I kept getting asked for files from the D path. Never worked, though, but it was a driver issue, for sure.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…