c:\window\system32\autoexec.nt

starlagirl 15:59 05 Feb 05

hi, can anyone help me i keep getting this message up c:\window\system32\autoexec.nt. the system file is not suitable for running ms-dos and microsoft windows applications. all files are in file system32 and i've tried all things everyone has said do. i had this once before and got rid off it but this time it wont go.please can anyone help.
thanks
starlagirl

AndySD 16:03 05 Feb 05
  AndySD 16:11 05 Feb 05

It may also be caused by a trojan try running A Squared free click here or update your virus checker then boot into safe mode ( tap away at F8 whilst the pc boots)and run a check.

NIGEY 16:24 05 Feb 05

andy sd ....what can i say d/loaded that link and away i went thankyou m8....
truly grateful

Diemmess 18:46 05 Feb 05

May be nothing to do with your problem, but only this morning I had to copy Autoexec.nt to WINNT\system32 to clear an instability problem with 3 Win2000 (running FAT32) "Computers" in a HyperOs multi system arrangement. Switching between these computers fell over with the same error message that you have.

2 of them had this file in the right place, while the middle one did not have autoexec.nt in WINNT\system32.

My own guess is that this file absent, or in the wrong place will not allow normal boot up at all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…