'C:/WINDOWS/system32/notepad.exe' Why?

LAP 15:42 12 Feb 07

Since up dating to explorer 7 when I right click/view source on a site I get the following...'C:/WINDOWS/system32/notepad.exe' does anyone know why please?

I created some practise sites(not live on the net)I cannot view these either, same error message!
I have searched this site and Microsoft help. No luck.

Technotiger 15:45 12 Feb 07

Hi, could be another IE7 hiccup - Try uninstalling IE7 via Control Panel Add/Remove, this will revert you to IE6. You can always reinstall IE7 is that does not sort it for you.

VoG II 15:45 12 Feb 07

Possibly click here

brundle 15:46 12 Feb 07

They left out `view source` for IE7...annoying eh click here

LAP 19:30 12 Feb 07

Thank you all very much, because of your replies and links I have solved it.

I ended up on a site which stated that the 'Notepad' file may be corrupted. I looked in Windows/system32 folder and saw that the Notepad file icon was not a NOTEPAD it also ended with 'exe.bak' This did not look right.

So I went on my wifes computer and sure enough in her system32 folder the Notepad file was showing the NOTEPAD icon and only .exe after it. I copied this and pasted in to my system32 folder and I can now view source in Explorer 7. Thanks again.

Technotiger 19:31 12 Feb 07

Grreat - thanks for the feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…