johnnyrocker 00:21 17 May 03

i need help with this one i got a new computer about 2 months ago and all was fine, i checked the microsoft site for updates etc, i then loaded office 2000 as my pc had no office facilities ever since then the above error appears every time i boot up and it halts boot sequence til i select enter or click ok running win xp pro any ideas please as i am not too techie.

hugh-265156 02:21 17 May 03

click here see if this fixes it.

VoG™ 10:05 17 May 03

A search on Google reveals various instances of this with Windows 2K and XP. Nobody seems to know whether this is a Windows file, what it does or how to get rid of the annoyance. This thread lists some things you could try.

click here

johnnyrocker 10:34 17 May 03

my thanks for your tips folks 'huggy' i am using office 2k with win xp pro and iwonder if there is some kind of conflict? cheers for the link vog will try that when i go home.

hugh-265156 14:01 17 May 03

sorry about the above link.just had a look with google myself and as VoG™ says above nobody seems to know what it is.i have xp home and just did a search for folders and had a look in the regestry and there is no reference to it at all. try running spybot click here and see if it finds anything.

johnnyrocker 14:46 17 May 03

thanks for that i already have spy bot and it says it is clean, i also run syware blaster which intercepts any spyware on attempted entry, what i dont understand is what made windows suddenly start looking for a non existant file

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…