Cut & paste

HXP 20:34 20 Jun 04

Hi all,

When I cut and paste some text from the web to wordpad and then try to paste that into an email I get a picture of a paste icon but not the text. if i delete the picture of the paste icon & paste again it pastes the text but with a picture of the pase icon at the bottom. Any ideas ?

wawadave 20:49 20 Jun 04

hello
what email are you useing?

HXP 21:37 21 Jun 04

Using outlook 2002 but apart from that pretty standard apps wordpad IE 6

If you have any ideas I could do with suggestions - not a major problem but irritating !!

woodchip 22:08 21 Jun 04

Why do you cut and paste? use Copy and Paste.

GaT7 22:16 21 Jun 04

I've just tried it with Wordpad & OL2000 & works fine with me.

May sound a bit drastic, but you could try a repair of OL2002: 1. Open Outlook. Click on the Help menu, & on Detect and Repair. 2. When prompted, click Start to begin the detect and repair process. 3. Follow the on screen instructions. HTH, G

Stuartli 08:44 22 Jun 04

woodchip has correctly spotted the answer.

The Cut function removes information from its original location and you Paste it somewhere else.

Using the Copy/Paste functions, you Copy and then Paste information to a new location whilst leaving the original unaffected.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…