Andrew P 19:12 09 Apr 03

Hiya all,
I've just ordered two games, Pokémon Ruby and Pokémon Sapphire, from the Retailer, who are located in canada. These will be sent from them in canada to me in the UK. Each game costs $54.95 Canadian Dollars, which is roughly £24. They were both ordered together, and the total cost of the order is $109.90 CAD, about £48. Delivery was free. I would like to know if I will have to pay anything else on top of this (eg. customs). I know this is not strictly computer-related, but this was the only place that i could think of to get an answer to my question. I think the official customs site is too confusing.

Many thanks,
Andrew P.

Belatucadrus 20:00 09 Apr 03

Check this posting click here, as both items are VATable, you could end up being charged tax and a handling charge, but if they are posted and customs and excise don't see them you may get away with it.

Andrew P 20:20 09 Apr 03

-Thanks for that. :)

sailorgirl2 22:53 10 Apr 03

Sadly, even though the items are posted, they may actually be imported for you by something like DHL and they pay the duty in advance, for you, and then will request it back from you before letting you have the goods. Been there ...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…