customising Windows 7 font size and appearance

novis 20:42 PM 07 Jul 12

I was able to customise the appearance of Windows XP and Vista and save the themes. There does not appear to be such an option [so that I wan work on dark backgrounds and enlarge the size and appearance of fonts in toolboxes &c. Can this be done in Windows 7 ?

I have checked through the Themes tabs &c in Word 7 bbut can't find an option to allow me to browse to my saved settings and install them in Windows 7.

novis 20:44 PM 07 Jul 12

Sorry - I meant Windows 7 - not Word 7:

I have checked through the Themes tabs &c in Windows 7 but can't find an option to allow me to browse to my saved settings and install them in Windows 7.

Woolwell 20:50 PM 07 Jul 12

Try - Control Panel - Personalization - Change windows glass colors and then click on advanced settings.

Woolwell 20:51 PM 07 Jul 12

Advanced appearance settings - missed the word appearance!

novis 20:59 PM 07 Jul 12

This is a partial answer, and welcome. However I will have to enter all of the settings manually. Is there no option that will allow me to browse and select a previously saved theme?

rdave13 21:09 PM 07 Jul 12

Have a look here and use the drop down menu where 'desktop' shows to see where you can change the fonts.

rdave13 21:12 PM 07 Jul 12

You could browse here I suppose but I doubt you'll find something to your personal needs.

Woolwell 21:18 PM 07 Jul 12

Do you already have a theme? How did you create it?

Woolwell 21:21 PM 07 Jul 12

If you have a theme then paste it in C:\Users{username}\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Themes and it will show up under my themes.

novis 21:25 PM 07 Jul 12

I have created themes using windows and the utility in the Advanced appearance settings. If I were able to access the Themes folder in Windows Explorer I could paste it in.

Can someone tell me how to

a) display the folders not shown in Explorer b) access this folder in which themes are stored

novis 21:29 PM 07 Jul 12

AppData doesn't show up as a folder

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Vaio Z Canvas release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro rival but for the US

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Steve Albini's notorious email is now a punchy music video

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…