Customising Start Menu XP Pro

alcudia 16:47 01 Dec 03

Been wondering about this for months. Does anyone know how to get the full contents of the Start menu to display from a right click\open on the Start button. Only a small number of the folders appear in the Programs folder.

I want to create new folders relating to program category and drag the relevant folders into them like I used to in Win9x, but If I can't see them it becomes somewhat dificult.

The reason is that the Start menu now has three columns and I want to tidy it up a bit.

Or is copy and paste the only way.

Thanks for any help.

Diodorus Siculus 17:00 01 Dec 03

With Win2k I find that I can "explore all users" and that has many of the prgo

Diodorus Siculus 17:02 01 Dec 03

With Win2k I find that I can right click and "explore all users" and that has many of the programs in it. In here I put the new folder and drag in the programs I want; then right click and choose "explore" and again do the same.

Thus I have subfolders with, for example "internet" "utilities" etc.

alcudia 17:06 01 Dec 03

Looks like that's it. Thanks very much.

FRANKMAC 17:45 01 Dec 03

I have Xp Pro - it works fine for me !

FRANKMAC 20:41 01 Dec 03

You could always use expoler and go to here.
C: \ Documents and Settings \ All Users \ Start Menu

Hth. mac

alcudia 08:28 02 Dec 03

Thanks for your replies. In the end used "Open all Users"

All done now.

Never noticed this and have been using XP for nearly two years. Shows how easy it is to become stuck in the old ways.

Stuartli 08:59 02 Dec 03

Have you seen the options in PowerToys?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…