Customising Outlook Express Mail Alert

Neet 11:13 05 Mar 03

I was sitting at a computer yesterday which had a fun tune to alert the user that he had new mail, and the neighbouring computer had a different tune - but the users did not know how these had been set up. Does anyone out there have any ideas how to do this please?

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 11:20 05 Mar 03

Control panel,sounds,then find new mail notification highlight it click browse and find the file you wont then click apply,you can do this for messenger as well as other things.

Regards

MAJ 11:22 05 Mar 03

Get the WAV (sound file) you like saved on your PC, then go to Control Panel > Sounds > Sound tab > New Mail Notification and browse for the WAV you saved.

JoeC 11:28 05 Mar 03
  MAJ 11:33 05 Mar 03

Nice one JoeC. I like click here for the Star Trek and Cartoon wavs. :-)

Border View 11:59 05 Mar 03

When I was working I think we used Outlook and whenever a new e-mail arrived you actually got a message on the screen. Now I use Outlook Express and my only notification is tada and the little icon in the bottom right hand corner. Is there any way you can get a message to appear on the screen as with Outlook.

Stuartli 12:23 05 Mar 03

In Tools>Options there is the facility to time how often e-mails are picked up, such as every five or 10 minutes.

If there is new mail you will hear the chosen sound wave and see an e-mail icon in the task bar.

MAJ 12:39 05 Mar 03

Not that I am aware of. It's a common question but I haven't seen a positive answer yet.

Border View 14:27 05 Mar 03

Brilliant web site for sounds but can you tell me how to download some favourites from the site. I love Casablanca and Apolo and another one. I am totally new to this and when I clicked on my first choice my Windows Media Player opened, I've managed to save Casablanca into Windows Media but the other two didnt. When I get them - how to I get the sound to be my mail opening.

Sorry but I'm a total novice in this area.

Thanks for your reply Maj about on screen mail advice.

Border View 14:29 05 Mar 03

Sorry Maj, just reread your posting above. Will give it another go.

€dstow 14:31 05 Mar 03

These aural notifications can get intensely irritating after a quite short time, especially if you get a lot of email.

The email sound notification is turned off in all my studio machines.

€d

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…