Custom PC building

dcc69 00:26 05 Apr 04

I would consider myself ok when talking computer jargon and my knowledge of them.
I would like to, in the near future, build my own pc. I have read some stuff about it. Could someone give me a list with some details of exactly what i would need for the basics.

I would of thought....

1.case
2.PSU and fans
3.Motherboard
4.Processor
5.DDR Ram
6.Graphics card
7.Sound card
8.Hard drive
9.Optical drives

I would also like to had some nice little neons for the jazzy space age look.

Being only 16 the cash flow is a bit of a problem, but I feel I could recycle some of my PC.

I have....

AMD Athlon XP 2600+, jetway KT 400-8235 motherboard, 512mb DDR Ram, Geforce FX 5900 XT graphics card(brand new today :D), one cd/dvd rom drive,cdrw(52x24x52), dont know what sound card).

That is about it, what do u feel is worth recyling??

hugh-265156 00:46 05 Apr 04

whats wrong with your current system?

get a nice pre modded case or buy a half decent plain one and do it yourself a la dremel and jigsaw etc paint it or wrap it and go mad with the neons and swap everything over into it.would be cheaper than shelling out for a new one.

some links for you:

videos click here

click here click here
click here
click here
click here

hugh-265156 00:50 05 Apr 04

another good site click here

Look at more memory, maybe a XP2500 Barton chip that you can over clock more than a XP2600.

Also for case modding a good place is click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…