Custom build compatibility

fingermonkey 07:58 25 Dec 10

Merry Christmas everyone. For those who aren't too busy ripping open their presents, I'm in need of an expert opinion. I'm looking to buy this customised desktop as a little Christmas treat for myself but I'm worried about the compatibility of the selected components.

click here

(and then you have to load my configuration which is 3b7d9f5ccf54b65563013df01a28fb7f-395,100032)

I e-mailed arbico a few days ago but still haven't heard anything back.

Any help is much appreciated! Thanks, and have a great day.

Roman.

citadel 09:43 25 Dec 10

you can download the motherboard manual, this has all info, good to have for future reference. you could easily have made the pc yourself and be using it today.

ashleycardwell94 19:33 25 Dec 10

i looked over the site and they only provide you with components that actually compatible with the computer. they provide a basic system for you to customise it with upgrades and additional features.

FYI, it probably wouldnt cost over £1000 is you built it yourself. Remember your paying for labour to in that price.

i made up a quick list with the parts in your list and it comes to £812.

your paying almost £400 in labour.

OTT_B 00:20 26 Dec 10

"Is it reliable? The water cooler says yes!"

I'm really not sure what to make of that sentence!

Agree with ashleycardwell94, it does seem a little over priced.

OTT_B 00:40 26 Dec 10

Sorry, I didn't realise that a monitor and mouse was included in that. It brings the price more in line with what I would expect - still a little over perhaps, but not too much.
The monitor is certainly cheaper elsewhere, so I would look around (e.g. click here)

I'd say this on your config; it looks like it is spec'd to be a gaming system, but (imo) I think you're making a mistake for going with water cooling. Water cooling, in my experience, rarely supplies massively greater cooling than air cooling, and isn't usually any quieter. Spend the money on upgrading the graphic card.

Check what benefit the the dead pixel checking service has, for the additional £15. It will almost certainly be Ilyama who will warranty the monitor. Seeing what level of dead pixels Ilyama say are acceptable, against what Arbico will allow through the check process may show it to be a waste of money.

You've put one almighty mouse on your spec - but why then have a wireless card? If want to gain the edge then you need a LAN cable, direct to router / modem. And the mouse is only £45 from Amazon.

Performance optimization? Can it.

So, I think you could easily save over £100 on this PC without impacting spec or performance, but I also think you could get a far better performing gaming PC for less money if you ditch the water cooling in favour of good air cooling and better graphic card(s).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…