Cursor locks b& computer won't turn off

Trikie 17:35 22 Oct 04

The cursor keeps locking up and The computer will not switch off. I pull the mains plug, restart and its ok for a while, then repeats.

Any suggestions re cause and cure?

Thanks.

Maccyroo 18:02 22 Oct 04

1)when you reboot the pc press ctrl. alt. del. keys to open task manager and check the process tab for anything using a lot of cpu as it could be some malaware or virus/trojan etc.

2)If you can't see any process that looks dodgy in task manager try opening device manager. control panel>system>device manager and expand the + keys to examine any driver problems for your hardware. if you think the mouse is starting the problem then EXPAND human interface devices and check out properties on the mouse.

good luck
maccyroo

Trikie 23:33 22 Oct 04

Thanks Maccyroo

Task Manager shows one program - System Idle Process - with CP usage constantly moving beteweem 45 and 94. Is this a possible cause, if so what do I do?

I'm not very (even slightly) technical - can you please elaborate on your second suggestion.

Thanks.

THE TERMINATOR 01:13 23 Oct 04

Re-boot your pc and press the F8 key until you go to the boot-up menu. Choose start with last known good configuration....T

THE TERMINATOR 01:17 23 Oct 04

If that doesn't work right click your MY COMPUTER icon and choose properties>device manager. Is there any yellow exclamation marks?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…