cursor jumps back to previously typed text (win 7)

Bill&Ben 10:59 10 Feb 11

When typing text in windows 7, sometimes the cursor jumps back into the previously typed text on the same page, if I do not see this, and correct it, the next typed text appears in the middle of the previously typed text.
Can this be solved? if so, how? Thanking you

Ex plorer 14:36 10 Feb 11

Check for a virus.
Try running your anti virus in safe mode.

Windows 7 Safe Mode, as the computer is booting press and hold your "F8 Key" which should bring up the "Windows Advanced Options Menu. Use your arrow keys to move to "Safe Mode" and press your Enter key.

With some computers, if you press and hold a key as the computer is booting you will get a stuck key message.
If this occurs, instead of pressing and holding the "F8 key", tap the "F8 key" continuously until you get the start-up menu.

Once you're done in Safe mode if you want to get back into Normal Windows restart the computer like you normally would and let it boot normally.

Ian in Northampton 16:00 10 Feb 11

The first thing I'd try would be a different mouse.

Ian in Northampton 16:02 10 Feb 11

Ian in Northampton 16:02 10 Feb 11

Ian in Northampton 20:29 10 Feb 11

So - try a different mouse three times.

Sorry... :-(

lotvic 01:02 11 Feb 11

Darned mice - they breed like....mice ;@

lotvic 01:09 11 Feb 11

If a Laptop Keep your hands/sleeves away from the touch pad, an accidental touch on the touchpad moves the typing cursor to where the mouse cursor is sitting, or it may need touchpad drivers updating.
If Desktop PC, try turning off the microphone and/or speech recognition software.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced