Cursor has changed from pointer to gloved hand !

algey 18:48 24 Aug 09

Hello

I have a laptop (Acer Aspire) with Vista.
Recently the cursor pointer has changed to a gloved hand (the drag one)for no apparent reason- I'm sure there was one-and I cannot find how to change it back to a pointer.
I have checked Control Panel-Hardware and sound- mouse-pointer, and that is showing the pointer selected.
When viewing the desk top I do have a pointer, but when selecting BT Yahoo and all other websites I get the gloved hand.
Any ideas how to correct this?

Thanks

mooly 19:18 24 Aug 09

Look in ease of access center, make the mouse easier to use.
Whatever you have now try applying something else then go back to the one you want.
Failing that try system restore.

Grey Goo 19:32 24 Aug 09

In XP its Control Panel/Mouse. You get a list of Themes to select from.

birdface 21:14 24 Aug 09

You don't have super drag and drop ticked in IE7Pro add-on do you.

algey 22:11 24 Aug 09

Have tried system restore but still have the gloved hand.
buteman, I really don't know if I have IE7Pro add-on, and I don't know how to check if I have!
Thanks anyway.

Stuartli 23:58 24 Aug 09

Grey Goo has given you the likely answer (CP>Mouse>Pointers). Select the Windows Default (System scheme) in the drop down menu and Normal Select for the pointer.

algey 15:57 25 Aug 09

Stuartli

Have done that and I'm still stuck with the gloved hand.
Thanks

Stuartli 16:03 25 Aug 09

Did you have to install drivers for the mouse - could be in the software menu?

algey 18:14 25 Aug 09

I'm on a laptop, and have been using it for the last 18 months or so with no problems. Then about 10 days ago the gloved hand appeared!
No doubt I pressed some key when I shouldn't of had when on a website.( belive it was Golfmagic)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…