CURSOR GONE MAD

MOMBASA 15:55 21 Nov 03

When I am typing or doing something like closing down the cursor starts moving backwards and the only thing that stops it is pressing a key or the space bar.

What is causing this - the keyboard or what. Grateful for any help.

3Toed 16:04 21 Nov 03

Not sure,but check these possibilities-
1.If you have a mouse with a 'roller ball'underneath,check there is no fluff on the contact bar,on the undersided of the mouse, rotate housing and release ball,use a any small implement(say a cocktail stick)to scrape off the excess fluff on the two bars inside,and replace ball and housing.
2.Have you a graphics tablet that the pen has fallen off onto the pad-this causes this type of sympton to,or the extra mouse on or too near the pad.

MOMBASA 03:52 22 Nov 03

I am using an optical mouse. It happens on two machines when I use the same keyboard.

doug vem 07:52 22 Nov 03

What sort of surface are you using your optical mouse on? I had ha similar prob. The mouse didn't like the grain in the wood of my desk. I now use it on a sheet of paper. This is also used for notes and is then chucked when it gets dirty.

ribo 10:13 22 Nov 03

I do not know if this relevant because I do not know if an optical mouse has a battery. But I had a similar problem where the cursor kept drifting accross the screen. I found that a new battery cured this. J

Do a search for'Crazy Mouse'.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…