Cursor freeze during game play

derrydysart 09 Jun 11

I am running Windows XP. Of late, my mouse has frozen from time to time during game play. I find if I wait a few seconds, it generally comes back. Otherwise, if I unplug the USB connection and then re-insert it, it'll come back for a while. Can you help? derrydysart

onthelimit1 09 Jun 11

Could be the CPU is overheating. PC or laptop?

derrydysart 09 Jun 11

Thanks for the interest. PC.

lotvic 09 Jun 11

pm (20:15)

How much ram have you got?

what are the pc specs?

Graphics Card or Onboard?

Which games does it freeze on?

Could be pc is not quite up to running them or overheating under load. Take side off pc and check it is clean of dust and muck, especially the fans.

onthelimit1 10 Jun 11

'especially the fans' and the aluminium heat sink.

woodchip 10 Jun 11

Have you tried turning down Graphics Acceleration in Display Properties? in Control Panel There is a Slider for this in Settings/Advanced/Troubleshoot

derrydysart 10 Jun 11

Well I dusted down my PC, but to no effect. For what it's worth I have Intel 4 CPU and 1G RAM. I have had no problems with running this game in the past. Further, I have realised that the momentary freezing of the cursor intermittently occurs in Windows generally; it is not limited to the game. Does anyone have any further ideas?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Behind the scenes at Silverstone, the 70th British Grand Prix: Hisense starts UK push with Red…

How Found created this skateboard, bike and parkour stunts-laden, single-take car ad

Apple Pay UK launch date, UK user guide and participating UK banks | Apple Pay to launch in UK on 1?…

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message