curriculum vitae advice

jarvis10@btinternet.com 09:44 03 Nov 08

good morning, every now and then i have to apply for my job again (keeps me on my toes) and every time i find myself straining to remember what the hell i put in the last one. i want to write and save one. i only use 1 screen nowadays. whats the easiest way to do this? i downloaded a template and most of the information is not needed.
so very basically what do i use are where do i write it?
i have open office 3 and foxit.
thanks
by the way in the past i haver just cobbled one together on ooo writer, is this how it's done?

johndrew 09:52 03 Nov 08

Why not simply produce your CV in Open Office and save it? You can then amend as you require and save the update as a different version/name.

jarvis10@btinternet.com 09:54 03 Nov 08

hi, that's what i want. do i just write is using the writer module and save it? i just wondered if there were any shortcuts because i'm lazy.
thanks for the reply.

Stuartli 09:56 03 Nov 08

I wouldn't put that on your CV...:-)

jarvis10@btinternet.com 10:02 03 Nov 08

they already know that... i have downloaded a template to foxit, minimised it and am build mine using writer in a seperate window. seems to be working. ideally i need a copy of my last one but better not ask work for it i suppose!
i just thought with technology nowadays there may be an easier way to do this, i could do it this way on my vic 20 or a typewriter for the matter!

jarvis10@btinternet.com 10:06 03 Nov 08

and the thimble full of sample ink in my printer seems to have gone....... only lasted three years....gonna be one of those days i think...
wtb a life coach.

chub_tor 10:20 03 Nov 08

Microsoft Office has Templates for Resume (aka CV)- Contemporary and Elegant - I would imagine that these can be used in Open Office.

jarvis10@btinternet.com 10:49 03 Nov 08

thanks for all the help guys. all done now, printer not needed as i uploaded it.
thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now