The current PC Advisor Poll

pj123 16:41 11 Jun 05

Where can I read the article to enable me to make a decision (or not) as the case may be.

bremner 16:48 11 Jun 05

click here to the BBC and the links to the earlier part of the story are on the right.

pj123 17:04 11 Jun 05

bremner, thanks mate.

Ticked.

rawprawn 17:55 11 Jun 05

Ticked? -:)

Forum Editor 17:56 11 Jun 05

When I posted the poll I made an assumption - that everyone would know what I was on about. That was less than helpful, so my apologies, and thanks to bremner for the link.

We also had a fairly comprehensive thread on the subject in Speakers Corner recently. I don't have the link to that at the moment (rushed off my feet), but it's still on the front page I think.

Joe R 18:10 11 Jun 05

while this subject is open,every time I run Ccleaner, (every night), and log back onto this forum the next day, the option for me to vote in these polls, is there again, even if I have already voted.

Forum Editor 18:25 11 Jun 05

That's because CCleaner is clearing your cookies folder. Our site plants a cookie when you vote, and this tells the site that you've already voted. Clear the cookie and you can vote again - although there wouldn't be much point in that would there?

We're aware that some people vote several times in order to influence the outcome, but they're in a minority, and to be honest we aren't running a life and death opinion poll - it's just a little snapshot, no big decisions hang on the result.

Joe R 19:07 11 Jun 05

Forum Editor,

thank you for the explanation. I'll set it to leave the PCA cookie in.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…