Current dialup reliability and costs

kuhbler 00:30 09 Feb 03

Hi there!

My friend in the UK needs to start up a dialup account again. She wants to stay away from AOL and although she could just get NTL Dialup for one reason and other this isn't going to happen (long story and not really relevant to this thread).

Sooo, what are the more reliable and cheaper dialup ISPs in Britain at the moment? Basically she is looking for something cheaper than AOL and isn't too bothered about being cut off every two hours, but she does want unlimited access/use.

I had a look at some ISP reviews, but I haven't heard of a lot of the companies and one review doesn't give a good indication of the standard of service. She is in the Bedford area btw. Ideally an ISP that has free or cheap support services would be a plus as well.

All replies appreciated!

tammy11 00:39 09 Feb 03

kuhbler,try freeserve,they do a pay as you go service or monthly payment for unlimited access,i think it is about £15 per month for unlimited,or you can pay as you go.fast as well.

crx16 00:42 09 Feb 03

currently freeserve offer 3 months for £6.99 a monthclick here

kuhbler 04:51 09 Feb 03

cool, thanks guys. I'll get her to try Freeserve out. You can't really beat that 6.99 a month trial!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…