Curious Outlook behaviour?!

DrScott 13:53 09 Jan 05

I would be grateful if someone could shed some light on this rather strange problem. I use a laptop (Acer 1.6GHz Centrino running Windows XP Pro) and use Microsoft Outlook as my general life organiser. Recently though, whenever I close the cover to put the computer into standby, and Outlook is running, I get this error message:

'Microsoft outlook can't load Speech Recognition files. This feature is not currently installed. Would you like to install it now?'

Now I don't really want to install the files, since a) my HDD is pretty much full up and b) I never use speech recognition c) I have no desire to. I've disabled all the various speech options that I can, but still I get the message.

It's not a critical fix, but I would be grateful for some help getting rid of this since it is getting rather irritating! :)

Many thanks

VoG II 13:57 09 Jan 05

Try uninstalling alternative user input click here

DrScott 14:14 09 Jan 05

Well that was very straight forward! Thank you very very much Vog for doing all the leg work... seems to have completely done the trick! It's also about the first time I've come away from the microsoft support site with all my hair intact... superb.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

Disney layout supervisor Rob Dressel on the challenges of visualising Moana

Siri vs Google Assistant