A curious behaviour of Windows Explorer 6

greybeard 21:39 14 Jan 06

As raised in a previous thread, I have the odd situation(please explain if possible) that after several days since I finally set up a working wireless network, an ad hoc net off-line with no Internet connection, and full file and printer sharing, each of the two pc's involved still show earlier net names, both wrong, and neither show the network name that appears in the wireless networking connection windows.
The xp2 laptop hierarchy reads

Entire Network/Microsoft Windows Network/Machine net/Laptop
............................../......................................................../New Net/Graphics

The 98se desktop reads

Entire Network/Machine Net/Laptop
............................../New net/Graphics

However, in the WLAN connection window both show 'TopRoom', the correct network name.

It's been suggested that somehow it will put itself right. But there is the another oddity.
When the network is established, the explorer window right pane doesn't show the appropriate folder structure for what is showing in the left pane.
The only way to get the proper display is to keep on selecting whatever does appear in the right pane, then go to File/Explore. Eventually ( about ten minutes) the folder appears in the left pane and its contents in the right.
After that it behaves normally until the next time I boot up.
Closing then opening Explorer makes no difference to the sequence, and all other behaviour is normal.

While this is the least of the head-banging problems I have suffered lately, this is the last one to be resolved, so I would be grateful for any suggestions.

greybeard 21:40 14 Jan 06

For dots,read ditto marks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Best iMovie for Mac tips 2017 | How to edit video with iMovie: 26 brilliant video editing tricks…