Curios to answer of graphics fault maybe?

Taw® 19:26 04 Oct 04

Recently had some serious problems with my comuter xp pro giving blue screen with hardware problem and shutting down. Renewed the PSU and clean installed windows. When testing the 3d accellerator in DX the cube appeared but my machine froze and have to reboot. Happens all the time.

If I try to test direct draw when 3d enabled same problem but if I disable 3d acceleration direct draw works. My card is Nvidia 64MB 400 cheap one 4 months old I am not a gamer.

Now when I go onto the web after a few moments my web pages freezes all the time, have to shut down the browser so cannot surf.

I changed the card to an old s3 savage4 and I can surf but when scrolling the page it sort of waves slowly but it works.

After all that my questions are
1 Is it a graphics card problem or driver problem. Latest driver but one installed?
2 Would the graphics card stop my surfing as described above? If this is the case then I know my card is at fault. At the moment with the savage4 I can surf away so I think it may be the case so really looking for a definive answer from someone in the know

Taw® 21:05 04 Oct 04

Dan the Confused 21:53 04 Oct 04

It sounds like the Nvidea card is faulty, it would cause all the problems you describe. Maybe best to wait for a second opinion though.

Taw® 22:24 04 Oct 04

Dan the Confused thanks for that confirmation was all I really needed. I have been running my s3 savage4 for almost 3 hours with no probs so I think the card is faulty. I was just wondering why a damaged card would have such an effect on the web. As I do not have any games on my machine I dont really use the graphics card to its full potential so I am not sure of all its workings. Will keep this post alive just to see if anyone will give some useful info on graphics

sean-278262 00:41 05 Oct 04

have you the latest drivers for the card if not try reinstalling the drivers from nvidias website i used have similar problems.

User-312386 08:40 05 Oct 04

i assume you disabled onboard graphics in the BIOS?

Taw® 18:29 05 Oct 04

creature of the nite I have the latest drivers but one. Upgrading the drivers has often gave me heartache.

Will check when I reboot madboy33©® as for some reason after my clean install my onboard ound was enabled and I had to disable it.

Taw® 22:37 08 Oct 04

Just to close this one. Took the graphics card back to the shop and it was faulty. Now being replaced. Thanks for the info

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…