Cubase Serial Number

SpyMan²°°­­³ {:o)){--< 02:52 24 Apr 03

I am trying to order cubase SX online but it is a horrifying £530. However, if i add a cubase vst serial number i can save myself £300 by purchasing an upgrade.

If you help me i will give you a third of what i save and thats a promise.

-pops- 06:28 24 Apr 03

If I understand this correctly, you are trying to cheat the software manufacturer out of £300. This is dishonest.

I thought you would have known better than to ask here.

I apologise if I am wrong in your intentions and if I am wrong, you might wish to rewrite your request to make your request clearer.

Peverelli 08:29 24 Apr 03

Do you really need SX? It's a very complicated prog (even the 'getting started' manual runs to several hundred pages). It's geared towards the professional user. You can get Cubasis VST for about £70 click here which should suffice for most home users.

click here for details.

Rtus 09:48 24 Apr 03

-pops- Has given you the answer ..But I'm surprised you asked considering your aware of the forum position on pirating, even more lucky that FE hasnt taken action ..YET...... may be complicated at first but it is one of the most powerful packages for music creation and thats why i want it.

I use it at uni all the time and can get it from there for £390...all i was trying to do was save myself some money on an overpriced software package.

I have spent over £300 on VST plug-ins from steinberg for Acid Pro and that is why i begrudge paying the full price for cubase sx.

Maybe i should have thought about the thread a bit more before starting it...but my intentions are only slightly dishonest. I do not want to make money from it, i do not want it for free which is what pirating essentially.

Thanks for the link peverelli...its quite cheap there and maybe cubase sl is a viable alternative i will just have to think about it.

Thanks Anyway

PS: As for cheating steinberg out of £300...are't they trying to cheat me out of £100?? If you look at the site link peverelli gave and the price that steinberg quote..there is a difference.

If anyone knows of anyone selling Cubase SX second hand..please let me know.

-pops- 12:44 24 Apr 03

You offer to purchase at the price quoted. That is the basis of your contract with the seller. If you can get the item cheaper elsewhere, it is your responsibility to seek that out so I can't see that you are being cheated. OK, you may get firms offering to match prices but their rules for doing this are strict and there is no obligation for them to do it - it is in addition to the normal contracts of sale.

Now, not wishing to appear to be a total misery and stick in the mud but, although I am no fan of ebay, have you looked on there for what you want?

yes..but no joy unfortunately.

soy 13:07 24 Apr 03

Even if you got the serial, I think you may need the actual software for the upgrade to work.

Anyway, You are at university, so have you tried looking for Cubase SX on a student licence? You can try emailing a few retailers or even Steinburg to find out.

I found an american website that sold Cubase SX on a graduate licence for roughtly £220 ($349).
click here

Thanks must be an american thing. Apart from Microsoft be able to get an academic license software package you have to be an educational establishment. I have enquired but it is a no go. They just weren't interested.

Elrond 15:27 24 Apr 03

Are you doing a music technology type degree spyman?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…