Morpheus? 10:24 28 Dec 03

Hi, my sons laptop running win98se get the message that the above file is missing, i have tried looking for it with no luck, could someone tell me what it is, and how can i put it right, he is miles away so we are sorting it out by phone..

weeby vuit 10:32 28 Dec 03

Try removing Findfast from startup menu click here

Jester2K 10:36 28 Dec 03

Thats got nothing to do with the problem!!

Jester2K 10:40 28 Dec 03

I've just done a Google Search and nothing....

Try this

Start Menu, Run..., type MSCONFIG and hit enter.

Startup tab

Find an entry relating to CTRLPAN.DLL and un-check it.

This will stop the message but i can't find what CTRLPAN.DLL relates to. The problem is Windows is trying to start a file called CTRLPAN.DLL which doesn't exist on the PC. Thing is i can't find any other info on it!

Morpheus? 10:46 28 Dec 03

thanks, i will pass it on to him the moment i can contact him, he is on the net downloading avg update, so the phone is out of action..

muppetmark 10:48 28 Dec 03

click here download coolwebshredder and run it ensure you select next rather than just scan. This is the latest version of the cool websearch hijacker.

click here\.dll&st=15

the above post applies to Winnt but if you post on the boards there someone can help.

jolorna 10:50 28 Dec 03
  KwaK 10:53 28 Dec 03
  Jester2K 11:01 28 Dec 03

I KNEW I'd seen this before...

I think muppetmark has the answer. CWS should sort this... It look like the virus has gone but the start up entry is still in place - hence the error.

Morpheus? 12:19 28 Dec 03

thank you all for the help, there was an entry in msconfig, which he unticked, then he downloaded CWS installed and run it, and now, no error messages, well, till next time..

thanks all again........nice one..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…