CTRL ALT DEL Won`t RunTaskmanager

Taff36 10:20 08 Sep 03

Logged on to the work network this morning with my laptop. (XP Pro) Logged onto PCA & everything worked fine. About an hour later after I`d downloaded my e-mails I was having problems with the PCA site. Only the banner ads appeared and the status bar said "Done". Then Outlook express siezed up saying "Checking Mail".

The Three Fingered Salute (CTRL+ALT+DELETE) failed to bring up taskmanager so I could see what was going on and I had to switch off manually.

On rebooting CTRL+ALT+DELETE still fails to work and I`m still unable to get PCA site other than from my server.

Any Ideas?

Cesar 10:24 08 Sep 03

As your using XP Pro right click on the task bar and select Task Manager this should do it.

Taff36 10:35 08 Sep 03

Nice One Taskmanager came up but still can`t use CTRL+ALT+DELETE still won`t work. Any further suggestions.

Burnsy 14:49 08 Sep 03

When I had that problem it was as simple as that the CTRL key had been hammered so many times it was disabled.
I just bought a new keyboard - its fine now

Taff36 16:34 08 Sep 03

Stranger things have happened but everything works fine again now. (The control key was not the problem)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…