CSS Hacking

I find this CSS Hacking a minefield. I have a site (private at the moment) in which I have a footer div and I want it to stay at the botton of the PAGE. I.e. when the page is viewed it appears at the bottom of the browser (or right at the bottom if not in view). At the moment it appears at the bottom of the shortest div (page has wrapper div, header, horiz bar, then two divs (content left and one for nav block) side by side. Whilst I expect my content to exceed the height for this I would like to know how to do it.

I test with latest IE, Netscape, firefox and Opera. It all works except it can be short of the screen.

PS How do I get hold of earlier versions of browsers?

prattle 12:29 24 Dec 05

Hi, am new to CSS - also in the minefield! I have managed to get my footer working in most browsers. Try these urls:

click here

click here

Which method you use seems to depend on how you have used CSS to make your page.

As for earlier browsers, browsercam.com seems to work. Free 24 hour trial when you register.

djinn 22:22 24 Dec 05

Do a google on float and clear properties

HTH

Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…