CSS guru needed!

slightlymad 22:34 01 Nov 06

I've designed a page which displays perfectly on my monitor - I can resize the window, and zoom in, and it remains intact.

However, my friend says: "In IE, when you drag the Favorites panel far enough to the right, I see the pipe at the bottom break. And in Firefox, the bottom part of the content section, including about a third of the image, is being cut off. This only happens when I'm looking at it full screen. When I show the Favorites panel, it works just fine. That is, once the text is forced below the image, the whole content section shows up. But if there's no text below the image, part of the image disappears."

I can't fix what I can't see! If anyone can see the problem and knows a solution, I'd be infinitely grateful. My feeling is that it might be something to do with the right float on the image.

click here

PurplePenny 23:07 01 Nov 06

I'm not seeing any problem in Firefox or IE no matter what I do to the size.

(Like it by the way.)

slightlymad 23:42 01 Nov 06

(who's also having the same display issues) has sent me some screen prints:

click here

I could fix the problem with the pipe corner breaking away if I can get the footer paragraph to remain on one line, forcing a horizontal scrollbar.

Do you know if there's any coding that would allow me to do this?

slightlymad 23:51 01 Nov 06

Specifying a width just wide enough to accomodate the text fixes it.

Unless there's another way?

acsmanhtml12 10:29 03 Nov 06

No, but the pipe looks like something out of Paint Shop Pro .... ugly.

slightlymad 12:14 03 Nov 06

I made the pipe in Photoshop using a custom gradient.

Your response was hurtful and unhelpful. The title of the post is "CSS guru needed", not "Spiteful criticism invited".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac