Crying over spilt milk (irn bru actually!)

d-jay 20:22 22 Dec 03

Help please - I have had irn bru spilt on my notebook. Fortunately very little actually got inside and what did get in did not come in to contact with any vital components. I've cleaned it up and dried it out etc and it is working as normal. Except for the key board. I could not get underneath the keys to clean them properly and as the fluid has dried, it has become sticky and is now effectively crystalising, causing the keys to stick. It is easy enough to remove the keyboard from the notebook. Is it possible to immerse it in something, say alcohol, to try and remove the residue? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

You should be safe using methylated spirits from the chemists. Get the original flavour.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 20:29 22 Dec 03

[email protected] would it matter he not gonna drink it lol.

hugh-265156 20:30 22 Dec 03

isopropyl alcohol if you can get it(also from chemist)dries without leaving behind any residue.

do not drink :-)

d-jay 20:45 22 Dec 03

Thanks all, for your help. This time I'll try to drink the irn bru and immerse the keyboard in the alcohol.

Djohn 20:45 22 Dec 03

Don't forget to remove the battery first! :o(

accord 21:04 22 Dec 03

i spilt red bull over the corner of my IBM thinkpad recently and had the same problems as you. I removed the keyboard keys with a small screwdriver (they just pop off) and cleaned then with aftershave. all ok now. the only thing i had to replace was the cd rom as it was sticking shut.

My work colleagues have asked 'did the redbull make it go faster'. Alas the answer was no.

No the Bull did not make it go faster but after using after shave did it have the Lynx Effect???

accord 10:26 23 Dec 03

Smiffy99

Afraid not. I think i would be worried if the 'ladies' to a shine to me due to my sweet smelling laptop

Merry Christmas

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…