crucial memory

essotiger 12:27 03 Feb 08

Hi everyone, I have a HP pavilion a808 and have been trying to upgrade the ram , I have some crucial memeory given me (ct6464z40b) but the crucial site recommends part no ct539494, the only difference i can see is the graphics part , ct6464z has dual pci express and ct530494 has agp8x, when i have installed the ram i get a graphics error come up after pc has been running a while, is there something some one knows of i should download or alter in my settings or is this ram incompataible.

Thanks
Essotiger

crosstrainer 12:29 03 Feb 08

To use the correct ram for the job, you can scan and check your system with:

click here

Do it with the original memory installed, not the ram you were given :)

essotiger 12:54 03 Feb 08

thanks for the reply , I have done that and they were recommending the ct539494, i have sent them mail asking the same question but havent received a reply yet, just wondered if anyone had any idea if or why it wouldnt work?

The Kestrel 16:01 03 Feb 08

It looks as if your motherboard has an agp graphics slot, whilst the RAM you have been given is designed to run on a motherboard with a PCI express graphics slot. This is probably the reason your upgrade RAM is not functioning properly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…