//some 3rd party need geo

crtl alt del win xp

Sacs 09:46 31 Mar 05

I am running windows XP Professional and am no longer able to use the ctrl alt del buttons to access the task manager. When I select these buttons I just get the bottom right hand corner of the dialogue box and am only able to cancel it by opening another instance of the same and going to thje Task Bar and right mouse-ing to close group. Has anyone any idea of how to correct this? I have tried reinstalling windows but as I have downloaded SP2 etc. I would need to reinstall of these.

VoG II 11:43 31 Mar 05

What happens if you right click the Taskbar and select Task Manager?

Baslla321 11:53 31 Mar 05

try CTL ALT ESC

anchor 11:57 31 Mar 05

The method give by VoG™ "should" work; it certainly does on my Desktop and Notebook.

Sacs 19:15 31 Mar 05

None of the suggestions have worked so far. I ran the command sfc /scannow and inserted the windows disc and rebooted but all to no avail I'm afraid. Please keep those suggestions coming!

lotvic 01:05 01 Apr 05

a google search for this prob revealed:

"A few weeks back I was hit with the W32.Klez virus as well as another one in conjunction with it. As a result, my ctrl+alt+del function in XP was disabled. After cleaning the system using the Mcafee program, the system runs fine except for this problem. Any thoughts on how to reactivate the function will be appreciated. "

this removal tool seems to be the best one to use:

[email protected]" title="http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/[email protected]" TARGET="_new">click here

also You could try this:

Put your XP CD in.

Go to START-->RUN and type in SFC /SCANNOW

That will bring up the system file checker; it scanns all your system files, and fixes/replaces any that are missing

that's all I know - maybe someone else on forum can help from here on...

lotvic 01:08 01 Apr 05

I made a mess of the link....
anyway I'm sure you'll find it somehow..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…