crtdll.dll not found

Eargasm 21:30 24 Mar 05

Hi all

A mate at work running 98se is having probs with his pc.

On boot up a message appears c:windows/system/crtdll.dll not found

As he has no internet access would it be possible for me to download it for him and save it to floppy?

If so could anyone explain how to install the file into the correct place.

Thanks

chub_tor 21:44 24 Mar 05

You can download it from here click here it is only 81kb so will go on a floppy. Then put int into the windows\system file on your mate's pc using drag and drop in Windows Explorer.

Eargasm 23:50 24 Mar 05

Thanks, i have downloaded the file but it is zipped up.

As he is having probs doing anything on the pc at the moment,(apps won't open because of dll problem)not sure if he will be able to unzip it and place in correct location.
Would he be better trying it in safe mode or will that make no difference?

Eargasm 21:40 25 Mar 05

Can anyone else offer any help?
Thanks

VoG II 21:43 25 Mar 05

Use winzip click here to unzip it then install on his PC.

Eargasm 21:57 25 Mar 05

Thanks VoG™ ,i'm just not sure he would be able to run winzip as the dll error stops him from using most applications on his pc, i suppose he could always format the drive, but that is a last resort.

As i'm on xp would it be ok for me to unzip it then save to floppy and some how place it in the c:windows\system folder on his pc? ( i don't want to unzip it on my pc if it's going to bugger mine up)
Thanks

VoG II 22:01 25 Mar 05

Hi

Just unzip it onto a floppy for him to install on his machine.

Eargasm 22:18 25 Mar 05

Thanks VoG™ i appreciate your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…