CRT VS TFT Static Noise ?

Tinkey Winkey 14:27 11 Nov 04

Hello again everyone !

Since building a lovely quiet PC I've noticed there's a continuous low 'static electricity type noise' coming from my CRT screen !

It's only really noticeable late at night when all is quiet but I'm on the quiet PC holy grail!

I was just wondering if TFT make this low pitch noise as the technology is different ?

I'm guessing from the one laptop that I used briefly, that TFTs are completely silent ?

PA28 14:35 11 Nov 04

My TFT is completely silent. But then I never noticed any noise from its' CRT predecessor. If you're looking for an excuse to buy a TFT then this is original but will do quite nicely!

Djohn 14:41 11 Nov 04

TFT's are completely silent, lovely flicker free display and no reflections from the screen.

Tinkey Winkey 14:59 11 Nov 04

As much as I'd love the extra space ( not to mention the coolness of TFT )I've stuck to my Iiyama vmpro 454 as I have read that the colour clarity is better on CRT, and this is arguably the best CRT for graphic work.

This is important to me as I do alot of work in Photoshop and the prints need to match what I'm seeing on my monitor so as not to keep waisting printer ink & paper.

Also I believe TFTs don't play moving images (games & DVDs) as well?

Is this still the case, or are TFTs as good ,if not better than CRTs now ?

Djohn 15:11 11 Nov 04

TFT's are excellent for games/movies and colour reproduction. CRT's may still have the slight edge on colour rendition but this is not a problem if you choose a monitor with wide viewing angles. 160 degrees or more.

I have the AOC 727 17" TFT and its superb. FE has the same make of monitor but the 19" model and says he's very happy with it, uses it more than his well loved CRT of late. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac